Community

Wake The World 2019 – Hyco Lake

By Marlo Countiss The 2019 Wake the World event at Hyco Lake was a huge success, and we hope to make 2020 even better. Last year, 11 boat drivers were able to provide a day that 68 kids from the Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club of Alamance County will never forget. Wake The World is a non-profit organization ...

Read More »

Springs into the Arts

Caswell Council for the Arts The Southern Roots Festival was to return on May 16,  from 12 to 5 p.m. at Warren’s General Store in Prospect Hill.   <<< Rescheduled for October 17th!  >>> On the quiet streets of downtown Yanceyville on a cold winter afternoon, there is a stillness in the air that says it is time to turn inward, ...

Read More »

Neighborhood with Living Style

Edgewood Townhomes in Halifax, VA By Peter Berry Yes, it is true, I am not from around here. But…my kids were born here, so I cannot be sent back north of the Mason Dixon line. I grew up in the small town of Baldwinsville, New York, about 15 miles west of Syracuse. Now I live at Hyco Lake, surrounded by ...

Read More »

Meet & Greet at Hyco Lake – 2020

By Melissa H. Moorefield Person Caswell Lake Authority is excited to host the 2nd Annual Meet & Greet Festival at Hyco Lake Park & Campground on Friday, May 1, from 6 to 9 p.m. Last year’s event was a great evening out for our homeowners, neighbors, vendors and guests. The gathering was an effort to bring together our community and ...

Read More »

The Tunnel: Mystery at the Vineyards

By Norwood Walker “…access to the most magical place on these 400 acres: The tunnel for which the property is named. A part of the Lynchburg to Roxboro railroad and spanning an old postal road, the tunnel is a majestic yet humble structure amid woods just over the creek. Who knows how many generations of children who grew up in ...

Read More »

Bethel Hill Charter School PTO Annual BBQ

By Beckie Grim and Faye Collie The Bethel Hill Charter School PTO Annual BBQ and Auction fundraiser is an evening of family fun for the entire community. In its 38th year, the BHCS BBQ has grown to become a wildly successful community event. The first BBQ was held in 1982 by teachers hoping to raise money for workbooks. They raised ...

Read More »

The Hyco Lake Review – January 2020

Hyco Lake Magazine is please to share the January 2020 issue of The Hyco Lake Review. This newsletter is provided by the Person-Caswell Lake Authority. 205 Kelly Brewer Rd Leasburg, NC 27291 (336) 599-4343 www.HycoLake.org/ [wpdm_package id='5990']

Read More »

RCS Adds Women’s Golf to Bulldogs Athletics

By Ariel Fryczynski, RCS Freshman Photo by Peyton Weaver, RCS Senior Roxboro Community School (RCS) this year made history when it formed a new high school women’s golf team. Macie Whipp, Amy Davis, Morgan Mangum, Antasia Jeffers, and Nyriah Barnes are this school year’s team members. Long-time men’s golf coach Earl Gurtner is serving as the women’s coach as well. ...

Read More »

Binding a Community Together – Caswell County Library

Gunn Memorial Public Library in Yanceyville, NC Story and photos by Meredith Bernard Like the stitching on the thousands of book bindings housed on row after row of its shelves, the new Gunn Memorial Public Library in Yanceyville, NC is binding together a community deeply devoted to sharing the love and benefits of its new shining star. The library’s director, ...

Read More »

Person County Senior Center Offers Activities, Involvement Year-Round

Story by Phyliss Boatwright Photos by Ken Martin The Person County Senior Center staff believes “you’re never too old to play,” and works hard to make sure Personians over age 50 have fun things to do year-round. Throughout the year, Director Maynell Harper and her staff offer opportunities for seniors and others to get involved, have fun, get fit, continue ...

Read More »